Looking for a snack to make you feel like you’re walking down Main Street, U.S.A. rather than sitting on your couch? Try this Churro Bars recipe! Inspired by Disney’s churros, these are easy to make and taste exactly like the coveted Disney treat.
It’s nearly impossible to visit the Disney Parks without getting a craving for a churro at some point during the day! But, not all Disney churros are gluten-free.
In fact, the only place that you can find them right now is at Nomad Lounge in Disney’s Animal Kingdom and they’re a little different than the traditional churros you find at snack stands (though, they’re equally delicious!).
So, I set out to create my very own gluten-free churros and ended up with the easy-to-make and easy-to-eat churro bars! They’re the perfect way to bring a little bit of Disney magic into your kitchen at home.
Note: For a list of ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the bottom of this post and save the recipe card!
This recipe is perfect for those who are:
- Peanut & Tree nut-free
Note: I do offer tips on how to make this free of other common allergies below.
✨ Baking tips
- Lining your baking pan with foil or parchment paper will make it easier to remove the bars when they are done cooking.
- For some added sweetness, ditch the foil and grease and sugar the sides of your baking pan. This will create an extra sugary crust for your churro bars.
- To make cutting easier, use a knife to score the bars as soon as you remove them from the oven. Use a ruler to help you make the lines straight and even.
- Completely cool the churro bars in the pan on a wire rack before cutting completely and removing them. This will ensure that they don’t break apart or become too crumbly.
- If you don’t plan on eating them all up immediately, you can store the churro bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
✨ What to pair with these churro bars
If you want to take your Disney snack time to the next level, consider pairing your churro bars with this EPCOT Horchata Margarita copycat recipe. I also have several other Disney snack-inspired recipes that you can check out.
The best part about my recipes is that they’re all allergy-friendly, so you don’t have to skip out on any of the tasty eats and drinks!
Here are the most common questions I get any time I share this churro bars recipe. If you have any more questions, drop them for me in the comments below or DM me on Instagram!
Can I make the churro bars dairy-free?
Yes! Instead of using sweet cream butter, replace it with vegan butter to make the recipe dairy-free. Just note that the flavor may change slightly.
What can I substitute for the eggs in the churro bar dough?
If you’d like to make this recipe egg-free, replace the eggs with 1/2 cup of applesauce. You can also use buttermilk, yogurt, mashed banana, or other common egg substitues.
💜 Follow me on this food journey!
If you are looking for a community that is just as obsessed with Disney as you are, join the rest of the Magical AF Foodies and like our page to always get the inside scoop on Mickey and all of his friends!
Follow us on Instagram to join us on our foodie adventures at Walt Disney World and its resorts!